The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES), a nonprofit, non-political, scholarly society, is the leading private organization in the world dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about the former Soviet Union (including Eurasia) and Eastern and Central Europe.
October NewsNet now available
The most recent issue of NewsNet, October 2013, is now available online as a PDF.
The October issue includes:
- "An Ambiguous End of a Long Road: Croatia Joins the EU" by Andrew Konitzer (U of Pittsburgh);
- "From YU to EU in the Language Classroom: Teaching Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian in a Time of Accession" by Marijeta Božović (Yale U);
- "Gubernskie vedomosti: An Inventory of the North American Holdings" by Wookjin Cheun (Indiana U);
- 2013 ASEEES Prize Winners;
- ASEEES Advocacy News;
- Individual Member News;
- Affiliate and Institutional Member News;
- ASEEES 2013 Convention Highlights and Sponsors;
- ASEEES 2014 Annual Convention Theme and Submission Rules;
- Calendar of Events.
Please note that this is a large file; you may find the most success saving it to your computer and opening the resulting file, rather than opening it directly in your browser.