The Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES), a nonprofit, non-political, scholarly society, is the leading private organization in the world dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about the former Soviet Union (including Eurasia) and Eastern and Central Europe.
March NewsNet now available
The most recent issue of NewsNet, March, is now available online as a PDF.
The March issue includes:
- "The Crisis of US Funding for Area Studies" by Laura L. Adams (Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Harvard U)
- "Portrait of a Russian Province": Kate Brown (UMBC) interviews Catherine Evtuhov (Georgetown U)
- "A View from the East? Central Eurasian Studies in Japan" by Tsypylma Darieva (U of Tsukuba), Tomohiko Uyama (Hokkaido U), and Timur Dadabaev (U of Tsukuba)
- 2012 Contributors: ASEEES thanks our generous donors
- News from ASEEES Institutional Members and Affiliates
- In Memoriam: Remembering George (Yurii) Krugovoy, Vladimir Fedorovich Markov, and Omry Ronen
- Instructions for submitting nominatons for the ASEEES book prizes, student prizes, and distinguished service awards, as well as prizes from two of our affiliates, the ECRSA Marc Raeff Prize and the AWSS Heldt Prizes.
- Instructions for submitting applications for the Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant and the new Regional Scholar Travel Grant.
Please note that this is a large file; you may find the most success saving it to your computer and opening the resulting file, rather than opening it directly in your browser.