USC Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies
The University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies, established in 2009 and sponsored by the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Southern California, is awarded annually for an outstanding monograph published on Russia, Eastern Europe or Eurasia in the fields of literary and cultural studies in the previous calendar year. The University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies carries a cash award and is presented at the ASEEES Annual Convention.
Rules of Eligibility
Rules of eligibility for the University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies competition are as follows:
- The copyright date inside the book must list the previous calendar year as the date of publication (for example, the book must have been published in 2015 to be eligible for the 2016 competition).
- The book must be originally in the form of a monograph, preferably by a single author, or by no more than two authors.
- Authors may be of any nationality as long as the work is originally published in English.
- Works may deal with any area of Russia, Eastern Europe, or Eurasia.
- The competition is open to works of scholarship in literary and cultural studies, including studies in the visual arts, cinema, music, and dance.
- Textbooks, collections, translations, bibliographies, and reference works are ineligible.
Fill out and submit this form to notify the Association of your intent to nominate a publication for ASEEES prizes.
Send one copy of eligible monograph to each Committee member (see addresses below) AND to the ASEEES main office (address in the footnote). Nominations must be received no later than April 15.
Submissions should be clearly marked “University of Southern California Book Prize Nomination.” If you would like to receive an acknowledgment that your nomination was received please enclose with the copy mailed to the ASEEES main office a note with your e-mail address or a self-addressed stamped envelope or a postcard.
Questions should be directed to Mary Arnstein (ASEEES Communications Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 University of Southern California Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies Committee
The winner of the USC Book Prize in Literary and Cultural Studies will be chosen by the following scholars:
Galya Diment, U of Washington, 2015-2017; Committee Chair
Galya Diment, Professor
A219 Padelford Hall, Box 354335
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
Jeremy Hicks, Queens Mary, U of London (UK), 2017-2019
School of Literature, Linguistics and Film
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS
(for customs use):
412 648 9809
Cristina Vatulescu, New York U, 2016-2018
13-19 University Place, 3rd Floor
Department of Comparative Literature
New York University
New York, NY 10003