Western Association of Slavic Studies (WASS)
The Western Association of Slavic Studies (formerly the Rocky Mountain Association for Slavic Studies) is a regional affiliate of ASEEES concentrated in the western part of the United States and Canada. The organization comprises scholars in multiple disciplines who are interested in the disciplines of humanities, arts, and social sciences as they relate to Russia, the former Soviet Union, Central and Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. Scholars from all parts of the United States and Canada are welcome at its annual meetings which are held in conjunction with the Western Social Science Assocation of which WASS is an affiliated member. The WASS promotes both single discipline and interdisciplinary studies at these annual meetings providing for lively and exciting discussions between scholars and policy-makers. The Western Association for Slavic Studies also acts as the regional host when ASEEES meets on the West Coast. At its annual meetings a $100 prize is awarded to the best graduate student paper presented.
Board of Directors
- President (2013-2014): Lynn Lubamersky, Boise State University, Department of History L186, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725. Tel.: 208-426-3358; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator (2013-2014): Melissa Bokovoy, University of New Mexico, Department of History, Mesa Vista Hall, MSC06 3760, Albuquerque, NM 87131. Tel: 505-277-2451; email@example.com.
- Secretary-Treasurer (2013-2014): Peter Mentzel, The Liberty Fund, Indianapolis, IN 46250, tel.: 317-348-4828; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Council (2013-2014): Mark A. Cichock, University of Texas at Arlington; Peter Mentzel, The Liberty Fund; Nick Miller, Boise State University; Lynn Lubamersky, Boise State University; Evguenia Davidova, Portland State University.
- Regular Meetings: WASS conference in conjunction with Western Social Science Association meeting, April 2-5, 2014, Albuquerque, New Mexico. To propose papers/panels contact Melissa Bokovoy email@example.com.
- Membership Dues: $15 per year, $7 for graduate or undergraduate students.
- Contact: Lynn Lubamersky, President