ASEEES Institutional Membership
Institutional membership in the ASEEES is open to all universities, colleges, and other institutions with an interest in the field and is designed to combine the strengths and perspectives of institutions with those of the ASEEES in a mutual effort to advance Slavic studies. It enables Member Institutions to play a vital role in the ASEEES and to keep well informed about developments nationwide. The annual dues received from institutional members help the ASEEES provide important scholarly and professional services to those in the field.
Renew Your Membership Online (Only the primary contact of the institution can renew online.)
To join the Association for the first time, please download the Institutional Membership Form (MS-Word) and return it to the attention of Membership Coordinator at email@example.com or by fax or post to the address below. You can also renew your membership using the paper form.
Each member institution is asked to designate an individual to serve as institutional representative during the year. The person designated is the principal channel of communication between the institution and the Association and represents the institution on the ASEEES Council of Institutional Members. The Council, which is composed of all institutional representatives, meets annually at the Annual Convention. The chairperson of the Council holds a seat on the ASEEES Board of Directors.
Member institutions may also name an Alternate Representative to assure representation at the Council meeting.
The Council of Institutional Members is responsible for communicating the views and concerns of member institutions to the Board of Directors through the Council chairperson, and for informing the institutions in turn about the Board's activities. Individual Council members are expected to keep the field informed about developments at their own institutions by submitting notices for publication in NewsNet, the ASEEES newsletter.
Institutional Members receive:
- One Slavic Review print and online subscription
- One NewsNet subscription
- A 10% discount on mailing labels of ASEEES members
- Representation on the Council of Member Institutions
- The opportunity to include information and news about their institution in the "News from Institutional Members" section of NewsNet
- A link to their Home Page from the ASEEES List of Member Institutions page
- Listed in a searchable organization directory on ASEEES Members site.
Premium Institutional Members also receive:
- Two registrations to the ASEEES Annual Convention
- A 5% discount on advertising in NewsNet
- A second subcription to Slavic Review and NewsNet
- An invitation to the President's Reception at the ASEEES Convention
NOTE: Membership benefits do not automatically flow down to the representatives of the institutions. If a representative is participating in a session at the ASEEES convention, s/he must be an individual member.
|Premium Institutional Membership||$600|
|For-profit institutions and foundations||$400|
|Institutions granting the PhD and/or MA||$300|
|Institutions granting the BA||$200|
|Non-profit institutions in the Former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe||$150|
* Membership dues are non-refundable.
ASEEES membership runs a calendar year - January 1 to December 31. All memberships expire on December 31 of a given year regardless of when you joined during the year.