Regional Scholar Travel Grant
ASEEES is able to offer a limited number of travel grants to subsidize the travel of faculty, research specialists, and independent scholars who permanently reside in Eastern Europe and Eurasia to present their papers at the ASEEES Annual Convention. Applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the paper topic with a view to disciplinary and regional balances. Where possible, priority will be given to candidates who are first-time convention presenters or junior scholars whose institutions offer limited funding.
Up to $1,000 USD plus convention registration fee waiver
Applicant must be:
- A permanent resident and currently residing in any of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan;
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel at the ASEES Annual Convention (chairs, discussants, and roundtable participants are not eligible to apply);
- A regular member of ASEEES at time of application (affiliate, joint, and student members are not eligible to apply - view reduced membership fee offer);
- NOT a student (Graduate students from all parts of the world are encouraged to apply for the Davis Student Travel Grants.)
- Not in receipt of ASEEES regional scholar travel grant in the last three years.
June 1 (All applicants will be notified of their status by July 1)
All applicants must:
- Complete the online grant application form
, which includes the paper title, abstract, tentative travel budget, statement of need, and curriculum vitae
Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the convention.
Please consider contributing to the new Regional Scholar Travel Grant Fund. Help us increase the number of grants that we can provide.