Convention Opportunity Travel Grant
New starting in 2015, ASEEES is able to offer a limited number of travel grants to subsidize the travel of non-student members with income under $30,000 to present their papers at the ASEEES Annual Convention. Applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the paper topic with a view to disciplinary and regional balances. Where possible, priority will be given to first-time convention presenters or junior scholars who do not receive institutional support, such as those working as adjuncts or unemployed/underemployed.
Up to $500 USD
Applicant must be:
- A regular member of ASEEES at the membership level of income under $30,000 at time of application (affiliate, joint, and student members are not eligible to apply; a student member who graduates by the time of the application deadline must change his/her student membership to regular membership);
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel at the ASEEES Annual Convention (chairs, discussants, and roundtable participants are not eligible to apply);
- NOT a student at the time of application submission (graduate students from all parts of the world are encouraged to apply for the Davis Student Travel Grants)
- NOT a permanent resident of: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan, who can apply for our Regional Scholar Travel Grants.
- NOT in receipt of ASEEES Convention Opportunity travel grant in the last three years.
June 1 (All applicants will be notified of their status by July 1)
All applicants must:
- Complete the online grant application form
, which includes the paper title, abstract, tentative travel budget, statement of need, and curriculum vitae
Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the annual convention.
This travel grant program is made possible by the ASEEES General Endowment Fund. Please consider contributing to the General Investment Fund.