Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant
Deadline: April 15, 2014
Kathryn W. Davis's generous donation to our organization, combined with matching donations from ASEEES members, enables us to help subsidize travel costs for graduate students presenting papers at the 2014 ASEEES Convention. We anticipate that we will be able to fund, on a competitive basis, 15 or more awards of up to $500 each. We are especially committed to subsidizing those graduate students who are attending the convention for the first time or who have no local institutional resources for travel support. Students may only receive ONE Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant over the course of their graduate studies.
The Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant is a merit- and need-based open competition. This one-time award funds travel for graduate students presenting papers at the 2014 ASEEES Convention.
All applicants must be:
- A student working at either the master's or doctoral level in any field of Slavic, East European, or Eurasian Studies;
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel (chairs, discussants, and roundtable participants are not eligible to apply);
- Member of ASEEES at the time of application.
- Not a previous winner of an ASEEES Davis Graduate Student Travel Grant
Applications will be judged on intellectual merit with a broader view to disciplinary and regional balances. Preference is given to first-time presenters, though students who have presented in the past may also apply. Since our funding is limited and we wish to fund as many deserving applicants as possible, we urge applicants to be practical in estimating their travel and lodging budget. Please consider sharing a room with another graduate student at the convention hotel if feasible.
Deadline for applications: April 15, 2014. All applicants will be notified of their status by May 15, 2014.
All applicants must:
- Complete the online Grant application form, which includes the paper abstract, tentative budget, and a statement of need; [link to the online form will be posted January 2014]
- Submit curriculum vitae as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2014 Davis Grant;
- Make sure that advisor or department chair submits a scholarly letter of reference, which includes confirmation that departmental and/or institutional conference travel funds are insufficient. The letter should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: 2014 Davis Grant.
Awards will be disbursed upon presentation of receipts in the weeks following the convention.
DonatePlease consider contributing to the Kathryn Davis Student Travel Grant Fund. Help us increase the number of grants that we can provide.