Bulgarian Studies Association
The BSA is an international non-profit scholarly organization which promotes the study of and exchange of knowledge about all aspects of Bulgaria and Bulgarians, including, but not limited to, language, literature, culture, history, politics,economics and international relations.
- President: Dr. Markus Wien (American University in Bulgaria); 2018-2020
- Vice President: Dr. Vesssela Warner (University of Alabama at Birmingham); 2018-2020
- Secretary/Treasurer: Traci Speed (Independent Scholar); 2018-2020
- BSA annual meetings held in 2016 and 2017;
- Election of BSA officers for 2018-20 and voting for changes in the constitution held in Nov 2017;
- Launched online publication Bulgarian Studies Journal;
- Joint BSA/BAS conference organized and held in Sofia; June 27-29, 2016;
- John Bell Book Prize awarded in 2017;
- Panels on Bulgarian topics organized at annual ASEEES conventions. Roundtable on state of Bulgarian studies proposed for 2018 Convention.